Peptides and Sermorelin
I often get asked about ways to boost growth hormone and what “anti-aging” treatments we offer.
In general, I recommend Sermorelin Peptide Therapy, unless they are looking for a specific result. For most people, a “Peptide” is a foreign term. Since I believe heavily in educating my patients, I wanted to break down what Peptides are and the benefits of Sermorelin.
Let’s start with the basics of what peptides are and then dive into the Top 10 questions that I often get pertaining to peptides and Sermorelin. Peptides are made from amino acids and have many functions in the body. Peptides are chains of amino acids that improve cell signaling in the body. Most act like neurotransmitters, while some act like hormones. Many control and influence how our bodies react to diet and physical exercise.
As we age, our production of human growth hormone declines. After age 30, it is believed that levels drop by over 1% each year. As a result, our bodies begin to show signs of aging, and cease to perform at an optimal level.
Because peptides have the ability to boost your body’s own natural growth hormone production, they are rapidly replacing traditional Human Growth Hormone therapy.
Fun Fact: Insulin was the first peptide approved in the US and we are still seeing the development of peptide therapy for the treatment of diabetes.
FAQ regarding Peptides
1. What can peptides do for me?
Peptides have dozens of uses but the most common uses are helping to build muscle and reduce fat, improve energy, improve sexual function and to reduce GI and musculoskeletal inflammation. The most commonly prescribed peptide combinations function to naturally boost growth hormone for better recovery.
A more comprehensive list of peptide benefits would include:
– Increases development of lean muscle growth through the development of new muscle cells
– Improvements in workout and recovery
– Reduced body fat through lipolysis (fat breakdown)
– Increased energy, strength, and stamina
– Increase muscle mass, definition, and endurance
– Accelerates healing from wounds or surgery
– Strengthening of the immune system
– Improved regulation of other hormones
– Improved libido
– Increased body’s ability to tan naturally
– Increased natural Human Growth Hormone production
2. How are the peptides given?
Most peptides are injected on a daily basis but there are a few that are taken orally. I typically prefer to use peptides that are injected as peptides are relatively unstable so injection seems to be the most effective route.
3. What are some of the most commonly used peptides?
- AOD 9604
These peptides all function in a similar manner by mimicking the action of a natural or human made peptide.
I will continue to write about each of the peptides listed above but for now we will mostly discuss Sermorelin. Sermorelin therapy is used to boost your natural production of Human Growth Hormone (HGH). HGH typically peaks at about age 20 and steadily declines as we age. Some people even use HGH as a powerful anti-aging tool. Unfortunately, HGH is extremely expensive and has significant risks with long-term use.
Due to the risk of using synthetic HGH, I prefer peptide therapy with Growth Hormone Releasing Factors such as Sermorelin. When used alone or in conjunction with other peptides, Sermorelin can boost your own HGH levels helping to slow the process of aging so that you can live your best life. Sermorelin is not only much less expensive than HGH but it is much safer as well. Sermorelin stimulates the production and release of HGH from your pituitary gland.
4. What can Sermorelin do for you?
- Weight: Sermorelin can help to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight. When combined with exercise, Sermorelin can improve lean muscle mass and help your body burn fat more efficiently. We have seen great total body transformations with Sermorelin, of course it requires effort from the patient as well.
- Sleep: Sermorelin can help restore a normal sleep cycle. Abnormal sleep can completely disrupt your life with poor mental function, fatigue, mood changes and abnormal weight gain.
- Athletic Recovery or Injury: Sermorelin has been shown to speed up and improve recovery from athletic performance or injury so that you can get back out there faster.
- Improved Stamina: increased exercise tolerance and less requirement for rest
- Surgical or injury healing: Sermorelin has even been shown to improve healing after surgery, especially with surgeries involving bone, ligament, tendon and muscle.
- Anti-Aging: Sermorelin can make skin appear firmer or tighter and improve muscle fullness for a more youthful appearance and lifestyle
5. How is Sermorelin Used?
Sermorelin is administered by an injection under the skin with a tiny insulin needle once daily prior to bedtime. This helps to mimic the night time release of HGH that happens in young people. There have also been recent advancements with troche sermorelin and we are currently following a few patients who are using troches to see how they respond as compared to injection.
6. How Will You Know It’s Working? How long does it take to work?
Typically, within a few weeks, you should start to see some improvements but I usually tell my patients to follow this as a guideline:
Ease of mind, contentedness, better attitude, Increased energy, Improved stamina, Deeper, more restful sleep, Weight loss/decreased body fat
Improved skin, reduced wrinkles. Stronger nails and hair. Increased muscle tone. Increased metabolism. Reduction in belly fat.
Noticeable feelings of ambition. Enhanced sex drive and performance. Improved mental focus. Better flexibility. Improved joint health.
Continued weight reduction. Improved skin elasticity. Increased lean muscle mass.
Noticeably fuller and healthier hair. Reduced appearance of wrinkles, better skin tone. Continued reduction in belly fat.
5-10% reduction in body fat (without exercise/diet). 10% increase in lean muscle mass. Improved vitality due to organ regrowth.
7. Do You Need To Take It Forever & Is It Safe?
It is safe to use. We only use Sermorelin which is manufactured in the U.S., in FDA approved pharmacies. Because we are recommending it we are very strict with where we get our peptides.
8. How Do Sermorelin Injections Encourage and Facilitate Weight Loss?
Sermorelin is highly effective at helping patients lose weight. Sermorelin is so effective at inducing weight loss because Human Growth Hormone stimulates the production of Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1). Higher levels of IGF-1 lead to higher levels of metabolism, which make it easier to lose weight more quickly when one controls calories. Higher levels of metabolism also provide the body with more energy and endurance for aerobic exercise.
9. Sermorelin Therapy vs. Human Growth Hormone Therapy
Sermorelin, unlike a synthetic HGH, does not suppress your own HGH production. Sermorelin also greatly reduces the risk of overdose and side effects. HGH therapy gives long-lasting higher levels, which is how your own HGH production is suppressed and can lead to significant risks such as diabetes. Sermorelin does not have the same effect on blood sugar levels as HGH, eliminating the risk of high blood sugar and diabetes. Human Growth Hormone Overdose and Abuse has also been associated with the risk of joint and other bone problems and the development or advancement of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Sermorelin therapy significantly reduces the risk of joint disorders because the therapy does not lead to excess levels of HGH. The only problem with HGH is oversaturation. Anytime a hormone is given our body naturally down regulates the receptors making it less effective therefore, the best approach for any hormone or peptide treatment is to have the body increase its own maximum production.
10. Who Should not take Sermorelin?
I also don’t prescribe medication or hormone therapy that encourages the production of Human Growth Hormone, in patients with a history of cancer as Human Growth Hormone can stimulate the production of cancer cells. It is also not recommended in Women who are pregnant
The starting place for any hormonal optimization or peptide program is a thorough evaluation and blood work so give us a call so we can assist you in product selection.
Prosper Direct Health is currently accepting new patients and offers a comprehensive evaluation, blood test and state-of-the-art screening. If you are tired of being tired… or you have tried everything to lose that unwanted weight but nothing seems to be working, our Sermorelin Peptide therapy might be the piece to the puzzle that you are missing. Call us today to schedule your consultation.